I wrote this lengthy post and saved it to my drafts, but turns out – it didn’t save. So, I’m not thankful for WordPress’ saving abilities. But I’ll just sum up things that have made me feel awesome this year.
- My dad is alive and my sister is pregnant. I can’t begin to say how thankful I am for both of these important things – or the fact that as much as they drive me crazy, I have a pretty awesome family.
- Regarding having shithead friends who walk all over me, one of my sisters recently told me “The problem is you’re too nice. You’ve always been too nice and you let assholes take advantage of you. I’m so glad to see that you’ve really started to stand up for yourself and you’re walking away from people who don’t treat you with respect.” I’m thankful that I’m putting myself first, and that people around me are noticing that.
- I’m really thankful to have had Pooter and Pixie in my life, even if they were both for a short time. I think about them daily and their memories bring so much light to my days. They taught me a lot about unconditional love, respecting animals and being patient. I know they’re someplace happy with each other and their buddy, Atreyu.
- While I miss them all the time, I’m thankful for my faraway best friends. It’s not easy having your best friends so far away, but I guess it’s more motivation to write, call, text, email and most importantly, visit. They say that as you get older, your circle of friends becomes smaller, better and more important and my besties are a testament to that.
- To say I’m thankful for a pretty great job with a pretty great organization would be an understatement.
- I can’t begin to list each thing I’m thankful for about Ben – so I’ll just say Ben. I’m most thankful for Ben.